Norwood Family Medical Centre is conducting SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) PCR Testing for Essential workers and travelers.
The patient is required to provide information for testing including country of travel, testing results time frame and their passport. This is a privately paid test, the patient is responsible for the cost.
Health Canada approved results will be provided to the patient electronically upon results of testing.
Are you working as an essential service? Are you travelling for your work and need a Health Canada approved PCR test? Contact us today! 24-hour lab results with the proper credentials in hand. Book your appointment today at Norwood Family Medical: (204) 233-9477 or Norwood@bisonfamilymedical.com
PCR Rapid Covid 19 Testing – Information for Patients
These tests are conducted by our clinic Physicians via a Nasopharyngeal Swab at our clinic location. The swab is then sent to our partner laboratory BioScision Diagnostics for testing. We guarantee testing results within 48 hours of the swab being taken at our clinic. We provide delivered lab results within 24 hours of the swab being taken at our clinic. The test results will be sent electronically to the traveller/worker, via Norwood Family Medical Centre, when lab results have been produced and analyzed. PLEASE NOTE: 24 hours notice prior to your appointment is required for cancellations. If 24 hours notice is not given you will be invoiced for the cost of the test.
The traveller or worker is required to provide certain information for testing and producing a valid travel document. These include:
· Country of travel, including time frame the testing needs to be completed within.
· Manitoba Health Card or other Provincial Health Card must be presented at the appointment.
· The traveller/workers current, valid passport.
· The traveller/workers valid email address – this will be where your electronic results will be sent to.
· Your current address and contact information.
The patient must be aware of the following for testing to be completed:
· You must be symptom FREE, to have this testing completed at our location.
· This is a PRIVATELY PAID test. The cost to the patient is $320.00 payable at the time of testing.
· You will be screened for symptoms of Covid 19 upon arrival to the clinic.
· You must wear a mask for your appointment.
· We suggest all patients have CANCELLATION INSURANCE on any flight that may be booked prior to receiving lab results.
Once the traveller/worker arrives at the clinic, they will be asked to produce all required information. This will be entered into our EMR and into BioScision Diagnostics’s database to be able to produce the electronic results to be sent to the traveller/worker. All information is entered into secure and encrypted platforms, we ensure that you information is protected.
Once the staff have gathered all information required, you will be taken to an exam room to see the physician conducting the swabbing. A temperature check will be done, to ensure there is no fever, the physician will ensure that you are fit for testing and the Nasopharyngeal Swab will be taken. Your results will be sent to you email address that you provided at the time of your appointment within 24 hours.
BioScision Diagnostic conducts SARS-CoV-2 (COVID 19) testing and confirmation on the following Real Time RT – PCR platform:
- Hyris bCUBE – Taregting E,N Genes – This Real Time RT – PCR platform is Approved by Health Canada.
Covid -19 PCR Testing FAQ’s
- What is a Nasophyarangeal Swab.
|A Nasophyrangeal swab is the way a sample is collected to conduct SARS-CoV-2 (COVID 19) testing. The swab itself looks like a long, small q-tip. Collecting the sample is conducting by inserting the swab into the nose and up the nasal cavity. This swab can be uncomfortable for patients and tends to make your eyes water.
- Why do I have to pay for this test when the Province is conducting testing?
The current Covid-19 restriction call for all non-essential travel to be halted. Therefore, the Provincial Testing sites are NOT conducting testing for travellers/workers who are travelling for non-essential reasons. The results documentation that is provided from a provincial test do not meet Countries, Airlines, or the Governments standards for what needs to be reported on the test.
- How will I receive my results?
You will receive your results electronically, via the email address you provided at the time of your appointment. Your results will be emailed directly to you from Norwood Family Medical Centre once results are completed and analyzed. Your results will include on the document:
- Your Full Name, Date of Birth, Email Address, Gender and Nationality.
- Your Passport Number.
- The Date and Time that the swabbing was conducted.
- The type of Swab (Nasopharyngeal).
- A Negative or Positive Result and the date and time the result was submitted.
- Which type of testing was conducted (Hyris bCUBE – Taregting E,N Genes – This Real Time RT – PCR platform is Approved by Health Canada) and which laboratory it was performed by (ConnectUs Global – Winnipeg).
- The name and clinic address of the overseeing physician.
- A scannable QR code (this code maybe required by the country you are travelling to).
- What if I receive a POSITIVE result?
If you receive a POSITIVE result, the clinic will also be notified. Norwood Family Medical Clinic will schedule a telephone appointment regarding the POSITIVE results. BioScision Diagnostics will notify Manitoba Public Health about a POSITIVE result, and you will be contacted directly by them so they can conduct the appropriate contact tracing and guidelines for isolation.
- I received a NEGATIVE result, what is next?
If you receive a NEGATIVE result, you are cleared to travel. The results that were emailed to you will need to be produced at the time of check in at the airport. They will review the results to ensure that all required information is there and that the results is NEGATIVE.
6. I received an INCONCLUSIVE result, what is next?
<!– Global site tag (gtag.js) – Google Analytics –>
<script async src=”https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-191171801-1″>
window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || ;
gtag(‘js’, new Date());